Our organization depends on donations, grants, sponsorships, and fundraisers to fund our operations.
Every donation works toward providing better services to Society members and the community.
The support and services we provide for people infected and affected (family, friends, caregivers) include:
- Bi-weekly support groups
- Grocery Assistance Program for those on low income and living in Richmond.
- Supplemental Health Fund covering medical expenses (not covered by health plans);
- dentistry;ophthalmology; nutritional and health awareness
- Monthly dinners
- Social activities
- One-to-one support
- Advocacy for health care, housing, and benefits applications
Education and awareness are promoted through:
- HIV 101 prevention workshops provided to local high school students
- Public awareness campaigns (aimed at prevention and reducing stigma)
- Customized prevention workshops for workplaces and community organizations
- Participation/info booths in community events
- Distribution of free condoms and educational material
Our annual Heart & Soul! dinner-dance is our primary fundraising event. Other funding sources are grants from Vancouver Coastal Health, BC Gaming Commission, MAC AIDS Fund, Rotary Club of Richmond Sunrise and the City of Richmond. We are grateful to the individuals and corporations that support us, and enable us to continue the vitally important work we do, here in Richmond and beyond.
Join us in our efforts by donating at whatever level you are able. You can help through:
- Monthly or one-time donations through cheque or credit card
- Online donations below
- Planned giving: To set up an appointment to discuss planned giving through donations of shares.
- Sponsorships: Be a sponsor for Heart & Soul, or donate auction items. This is an ideal publicity opportunity for your company; join other sponsors or donate a silent auction item for the event. (http://www.heartandsoulfundraiser.com/). Sponsors and donors are recognized at the event and in related publicity.